Tuesday, July 14, 2009

News flash: baby has grown

I postponed posting until after our visit to the wellness baby bureau today. Eileen is, surprise, wait for it....short! And a bit skinny. 9.9 kg and 78.5 cm. I will look on-line today and see if I can find a fill in the numbers growth chart so everyone can see that despite being a little short and slightly skinny, she is progressing just fine. She surprised the doctor today by following directions pretty well. Until it came time to give up a toy that she wanted to play with, when my child instead tried to distract the doctor by giving her other toys....

Ah...

At least other people are also noticing things about her. I am not just imagining that she is trying psychological tricks on them.

Today, she also experienced her first real fear at climbing something. Something she had climbed with no ill-effect many times. A ladder to a fort in Volkel. I don't know whether to chear that she finally is not willing to run to do something at the possible cost of plummeting to her death, or to mourn that she is now slightly afraid of heights (though still loves a great slide).

No comments: