Saturday, March 29, 2014

A long time with no blogging

This year has been a whirlwind. I am teaching school and while I am no longer as overwhelmed as I was first semester, getting lectures and lunches, grading and chauffeuring done -- with a bit of time to support Girl Scouts, my own classwork (for the classes I take on the weekends), Tae Kwon Do, and synagogue on top of what seems like an endless pile of paper to be created or graded has me spent.

So, while I should have been blogging, I have just been too overwhelmed.

But, there have been high points in the semester: watching all of my students using their right hands to try to figure out some physics (okay, two tried their left hands...); or the day that one of my students arrived with a crown from Burger King for me (I am now the queen of physics, who requires all her subjects to obey the laws of physics); or to see how my little family has adjusted - including a warmer bond between my husband and our daughter now that they have special time all to themselves.

Meanwhile there are things I definitely miss: time for myself and my friends; time to plan a dinner that takes longer than 20 minutes to make (or can't be left in the crock pot); time to play piano or just be silly with the kid.

Most days involve leaving home before 6am and at least one extra curricular for the kid. She is now a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do, her Hebrew is improving, and she sold a ton of girl scout cookies. All this means that most days I hit our home somewhere between 6 and 7pm -- 12-13 hours later...just in time to lesson plan and grade and do it again tomorrow.

And yet, I will probably sign up to teach again next year.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this blog and this post
bulk sms package in chennai

Forgotten Hotmail password said...

Nice blog and thanks for share your a good piece of content with us.Please check out my site also Forgotten hotmail password.I hope you like my site.

Hotmail contact telephone number UK said...

Please check Hotmail contact telephone number UK for any query related to hotmail problem

Yahoo phone number uk said...

Nice blog!
If you have any problem in login Yahoo account you can directly contact Yahoo phone number uk.

BT customer service phone number said...

Great post.....