Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Joy of Sippy Cup

It was a drastic wake-up call today when I emptied Eileen's sippy cup of milk yet again. It tasted bad yet again. Turns out that it wasn't the milk; I have a dippy-sippy-cup. The liquid restraining device that keeps the upended cup from creating a Jackson Pollack of grape juice or other beverage on the floor is almost completely uncleanable. I boiled it was vinegar and will reserve that cup for only water from now on....Happily I have a different cup that had water in it, but is easier to clean. It has now graduated to being her milk cup.

Meanwhile, if the pickings get meager on this blog for a couple of weeks, I beg forgiveness. My friend Carolynn from White Rock NM is coming for a couple of days on Thursday. Following her visit, we will be packing for our own upcoming US adventure. Eileen and I leave a week from this coming Sunday for the US. We are getting to see the Balkin family, the Hirsch family (although I might be missing one or two cousins and of course my brother, his wife, and Eileen's cousin Isaac). Then we fly off to Boise to see Eileen's sister, Tia, Grandma Joanne, Aunt Sandy and Uncle Dax, and cousins Cortni, Carissa, and Camden. We will miss the rest of the Jacksons, but recognize how far flung they are.

No comments: