Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Chrismas in early October???

So, the treats for Christmas are already out at the Grocery. Happily, no one is piping in Carols yet. But, without Halloween and Thanksgiving to delay the Christmas foods, it starts getting cold, and out they come. It also helps that, as we discussed last year at this time, the day that Santa visits the kids is 5 December, so twenty days earlier than here. At least for some of the festivities.

Eileen is already trying to grab at the candies as we walk by....goodness, shopping with toddlers is sporting.

For those not facebooking, I have been pretty ill since our return from my cousin's wedding in September. Hence the lack of useful posts. I am on antibiotics and keep hoping that tomorrow will be the day that I wake up without coughing, and able to hold thoughts in my head. The blog has definitely suffered.

3 comments:

ColorSlut said...

I'm sorry to hear you have been so ill. What is/was it?

No Thanksgiving or Halloween! Are you guys going to celebrate them anyway?

Rebecca Halley said...

Hey I forgot to tell you I got a facebook Rebecca Tutwiler-Halley. Add me dear! LOL on shopping with a toddler. I remember those days (snickers at the fun yet to come)

onthemove - klh said...

It is possibly something called Q virus, or possibly just a form of bronchitis, whichever, I am halfway through the first round of antibiotics and feeling not a bit better.

We of course will celebrate both. Eileen is going to be Tinker Bell, Eric will be Peter Pan and I am going to be Captain Hook...but that won't be served with Turkey!