Monday, October 5, 2009

A while since last post

One of the joys of military life is that there are always new people arriving -- even if we have to say good bye to others too soon. So, I have been spending a bit more time on base meeting new folks and of course picking up our mail.

Otherwise, Eric is back in the US for the week, so Eileen and I are enjoying some great Mom-Daughter time (okay, we are enjoying some of that and some Mary Poppins -- her favorite movie).

Now is the time to explain that I don't really understand why UPS won't deliver to an APO. They won't. So if I am on-line shopping, there is a good chance that I cannot get whatever it is delivered here. But, with that small exception, I can get almost anything that I want sent here. Okay, not fresh green chile, but short of that need, almost anything else will arrive here.

2 comments:

ColorSlut said...

I have never understood the whole APO - does it save them money? Time? Who the heck knows!

onthemove - klh said...

It's a control issue. Once it hits the post office in New York, it is in the hands of the military, not in their control.