Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring has sprung

Eileen now knows more names for flowers than I thought possible. She doesn't always apply them correctly, but she knows: daffodils, crocus (crocii), tulips (of course), iris, hydrangea, rhododendron...you get the idea. She also has a true Jewish love of pigs. We went to visit a neighbor's farm this past week. Eileen was introduced to a pair of pigs about 3 weeks old. She tried to climb into their enclosure. Pretty cute!

As my thoughts turn to the longer days, I am starting to think about the move. Eileen keeps asking whether we are going to Texas tomorrow. She has started slipping it into most conversations...but I can tell that she misses her buddies who have left here and she worries about the ones she will leave behind.

Really, she and I are just wandering along playing a bunch. We have started preparing for Seder, but without a huge amount of enthusiasm. We are looking forward to being in the states for it next year. I will be buying my fish for the gefilte fish on Monday morning. We will be doing a bit of touring and visiting over the holiday. Mostly, though, we are just trying to keep her busy with friends. She needs preschool.

No comments: