Monday, September 20, 2010

unpacking and a Sukkah

Well, hopefully I will post a picture of it before the holiday is over...but we built most of our Sukkah yesterday. Usually Eric builds these beautiful pergolas (pergolai?) or other long term garden devices and then we toss on some temporary walls and a temporary roof...but this year we finally acknowledged that we have left one too many of those behind. So, now we have a lovely kit Sukkah that we put up yesterday. Today Eileen and I will be buying some burlap to make the roof. Got to say, it is not as secure looking as the pergola in C. Springs, but it is a thing of beauty that we can take with us. Anyway, the kit is from Sukkah Soul and looks like their advertising photo.

We had been at 49 boxes and holding for a while. But, yesterday evening Eric went through many boxes while I tried to convince Eileen to sleep...(which takes up approximately 3 hours of my waking day at this point...ARGH). He was looking for our irons (the back up that I bought awaiting his iron in C. Springs, and his iron. They were both in an office box of mine. But, we are definitely seeing progress on the boxes. Down to probably 40 book boxes and still have shelf room. YAY. But, we will need to construct a storage device in the garage for things like my old office files that I don't yet need access to, but might want at some point if I have a lot of work coming in.

For those who don't know or have forgotten, I have a love of ironing that seems irrational on many levels. Can't wait for freshly ironed sheets tonight!

1 comment:

ColorSlut said...

I forgot about you and ironing. I'm happy you are getting into a regular life again.