Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Super Jew in the wild west

So, for those who are following my saga, you should already be familiar with the fact that my Judaism plays a large role in my life. Eileen has books with morning and evening prayers. I wasn't able to join our community 45 minutes away in the Netherlands as often as I wanted, but the language barrier and my lingering illnesses made it difficult. Here, though, there is a tiny, close knit community. We have a rabbi (he became ordained over the summer) and I am the Jewish education at the synagogue -- teaching an adult Hebrew letter learning class and a kids all-in-one, one schoolroom class (mostly bible stories and holidays). I am really enjoying all this. Especially, the participating in a community.

2 comments:

ColorSlut said...

You will always be super jew. Regardless of how often you make it anywhere. Your love and dedication to the faith is impressive!

Best Grass Seed said...

Very interesting blog. An imaginative writer and rant blog.