Monday, November 1, 2010

whither halloween

Okay, so I have been gone for a couple of years. This is a gripe post, so skip it if you were in a cheery mood -- sorry for the Monday gripes. My mother-in-law admitted that adults and very old kids (i.e. obviously in high school) without costumes and without apology had trick or treated at her home, too. I can understand a bit if you are hungry. Or if you are walking your kid. Or even if your kid is sick (though bringing a photo of the kid). But didn't the Halloween that I grew up with involve little kids (i.e. ages in the single digits) dressing up adorably. And if the parents had a role at all (other than the hours of hand making the costume, then taking the kids out), it was adult parties.

When did this change? Discussion?

Our neighborhood yesterday was inundated with many many people that were not locals and not invited by locals. I went through seven large bags of candy. I don't even mind the kids that parents might have brought to a safer or nicer neighborhood as long as they were little kids. But for you guys who are older, without costume, what is your excuse?

Okay-- whew, I am through with my whining. Eileen had an awesome time. I hope to upload some photos soon. We'll see.

1 comment:

ColorSlut said...

PHOTOS PRETTY PLEASE :)