Monday, January 3, 2011

Being Tired

Hello my friends (and assorted random people who happen to read this blog);
It is time to admit what must be obvious from the outside. I am clearly exhausted. I don't know if it has anything to do with my wonderful daughter who has more energy than the sun. Or if it is the excitement of Eric's work and the life of an Air Force wife. Or if it is the excitement of 3 moves over the last 5 years. Or more than a month of discomfort as my new crowns settle in. Or if it is just living the good life. But the fact is that I am tired. So, if I have not been my chipper self, please do forgive me.

Eileen is thriving, though definitely confused, as she just spent a month learning the story of Christmas only to hear repeatedly that 1) we are Jewish and Santa doesn't visit most Jews, 2) while Jesus may indeed love her, historically we have in fact not seen that demonstrated to our people, and 3) if you want to tell a story about Joseph in the synagogue, it better have a multi-colored coat somewhere in it. We learned that this was a time of year that was special to our friends and extended family. That it involved a birthday. And that we are lucky to be able to celebrate with them.

We got to play with the grandkid in the end of December and that is good. Eileen was thrilled to have a pint sized playmate to push around...and started using the same nicknames that Tia and Nick (my step-daughter and son-in-law) use for their daughter. Cute photos abound and will be posted when they arrive here.

Meanwhile, if I have been an incompetent or uncommunicative friend, I apologize. I am sure that the second wind will come as the days get longer.

1 comment:

ColorSlut said...

Hugs. Sorry that you are feeling tired and a bit down. I'm sure once winter passes things will look up!