Friday, January 28, 2011

Third Birthday is upon us

So, Sunday night is the birthday party. Sorry if we didn't invite you, but we know most of you are out of town that night. I am baking our traditional Anna's Chocolate cake -- but using a vanilla butter cream. I have even been practicing cake decorating and think it might come out looking nice. Anna was my mother's mother's cook/maid. Somehow it became a tradition for me to make it on birthdays - starting around age 7 for my mother. I always liked the dense chocolate layers more than the frosting. Additionally, we are making a lemon cake -- but using a recipe from Gourmet Magazine (may it rest in peace).

I am rolling out oodles of pasta and making the parents a lasagna and the kids noodles and a red sauce on the side.

Otherwise, should be mostly fresh veggies and fruit.

Oh, and the Tumblebus is coming. I can't wait to find out what it is!!!! The kids should love it. Pictures might follow if I ever become the organized person who not only takes pictures but also downloads them.

1 comment:

ColorSlut said...

Can't wait for photos. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!