Wednesday, February 2, 2011

weather in Texoma

If I haven't mentioned the extremities in weather here, let's start with the wind. It is often in the 'howling' category...except during the sweltering summer. Apparently, we don't need wind if we are blessed with 114 degrees and 97% humidity. Well, now let's mention that we are located in the south. Our version of the recent 'blizzard' contained about .25 inches of lovely ice that is pretty solid...and 4 to 10 inches of snow on top of it. Then the temperature dropped (from 80 or so on Saturday) to single digits today. We have rolling blackouts going.

The base is closed for the second day in a row. Eileen spent yesterday morning playing in the snow with her daddy and getting sugared up on leftover cake...I spent it making home made chicken noodle soup and soaking beans for an unusual chili type soup today.

I secretly hope that everyone gets to go out tomorrow, but I am not holding my breath.

No comments: