Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Child might one day sleep

Hurray and Hurrah! Eileen has managed to take a couple of daytime naps without me and is only needing me to get up two times at night -- and this is two or three days of that! Now, if I can convince her that she doesn't really need/want food from 10pm to 5am again, we would be ahead of where we were when she caught her cold.

In other news, she has discovered that she can push a small play table around the room while standing. I am calling this her redecorating phase. In fact, as I was typing, she just redecorated my coffee to the floor but thankfully 1) it was cold and 2) she didn't break the mug.

Other news...it is beginning to feel like I have my own life (sort of). Looking at the calendar it is no longer filled with just things that had to do with Eric's office. I am starting to see a light at the end of the transitional tunnel. That likely means that I am no longer in quite the tourist mode. I will try to come up with a tourist like post, though after my trip to Den Bosch on Thursday.

So, after I wrote that last paragraph, I looked out the window and saw a man riding by on a bicycle while pulling a small horse by the reigns. Hmm...maybe I am not so used to being here after all.

2 comments:

Elfinowl said...

It certainly sounds much more sensible than riding a small horse and pulling a bicycle by reins. But perhaps in a different culture, that would be de rigueur.

onthemove - klh said...

perhaps, but his feet would be dragging on that horse....