Tuesday, October 7, 2008

back for a day

Hello friends;
If you believe that your information with me might have been left on my old computer (hint: if you never hand wrote your address for me and if I don't have a mailing list with your e-mail on it, this likely means you) please feel free to write to me and get my new computer in shape! I lost a lot when the hard drive failed -- but it was just a computer, I would hate for it to be friends, too!

So, since you last heard from me, I went to Amsterdam for Rosh Hashonah. There I was reminded of a couple of things: 1) toddlers and Europe (especially stairs) are a scary combo (thankfully, we are upright and sidling, but not actually walking), think stairs with limited handrails, 2) World War II really changed the face of Judaism in Europe (there were only about 30 of us for the service, and from the looks of people, they were the community...there regularly, except for me and a couple of foreign exchange students from the US), 3)Amsterdam may be 1.5 hours away on a weekend, but on a weekday, especially traveling with traffic, that becomes easily 3 hours.

I discovered that there are Jews in Tilburg, much closer than Amsterdam, thanks to one of the women at the event.

Eileen has been thriving at swimming. We had underwater portraits done last week, and hope that next week we will see a winning proof that I can post of my submerged baby.

Now, I must go pack. I am visiting Vienna to see a friend from my time in NM for Yom Kippur. I look forward to seeing him, but also am already wishing that I could be home for some time with Eric. It just feels like we are always running in different directions.

Oh, and for those wondering if Eileen is sleeping, things are different, but not better. I am sure that she will be sleeping soon, though. And meanwhile, 8 months and no teeth!

No comments: