Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Birthday? -- next week

Blog fans, it is almost a full year since Eileen made her command arrival! We are getting ready to celebrate Dutch/American style. No party, but friends are welcomed to our home with coffee and American cakes. I will be baking Anna's Chocolate Cake (recipe from my great grandmother's cook) and a lemon cake from the Gourmet Magazine archive (with a lemon whipped cream icing) -- since my family recipe for lemon cake is a Bundt cake.

I don't know if I have mentioned the Dutch and their coffee. I don't know if it is due to the history as traders or their old spheres of influence. They love coffee here!!! And, there is something called coffee milk. We always have mini-coffee milks available for the neighbors who rarely stop by, but do enjoy coffee when they stop by.

So, please no gifts, but come share a slice of cake (or read the blog and think about cake). We'll post pictures of the baby with cake smeared everywhere!

No comments: