Saturday, January 31, 2009

Eileen turns 1


Hello friends and family;
Eileen celebrated her first birthday with friends of all sorts. We had a play group visit on the 29th. So, her little friends got a good dose of play with extra sugar. As I said at the time: we sugar 'em up and send 'em home.

Then today, she had her real birthday. Really, she is one year old. She celebrated with chocolate cake (Anna's recipe from the family archive), lemon layer cake with a lemon cream icing based on lemon curd and whipped cream (unsweetened...and this is my own recipe), and a cherry cream concoction from the bakery which was amazingly good - even by Dutch standards. If anyone is in the area, there are leftovers of each! Of course, I managed to make about 2x what was eaten!

She of course got more loot than a one year old merits and loved every minute of it.

Eric, Eileen and I had a great time with the neighbors and close friends today. And Eileen and I enjoyed the play group on Thursday.

So, aside from not needing any more simple sugar in any of the Jackson immediate family's bloodstream, I think this would qualify as a wonderful first birthday!!!

No comments: