Saturday, June 13, 2009

Anniversary and life

Eric and I have lasted another year. So, year one we couldn't celebrate as the plane did not fly that week from Ascension (Eric missed Karl's wedding as a result). Year 2 was in C. Springs, at Cheyenne Mountain Resort. Year 3 was at Bella Italia here in Uden, with Eileen asleep on the chair next to me for the whole meal. And, this year, Eileen enjoyed a baby sitter (thanks Madeline!) and we went to Listers in Uden.

Other news: we are getting ready for vacation in Scotland.

I am still the least romantic person I know. I got Eric a couple of neat versions of things that he would enjoy (e.g. white chocolate, a place to store the cell phone while charging (thanks for that idea, Karl), a travel toothbrush holder that looks like a cow and mounts to the wall. Eric got me beautiful, pesticide free, lilies. Notice a discrepancy? Me neither!

Eileen and I joined friends for a trip to Utrecht on Friday. It was great. I got to see a bunch of things that were fun...and cannot wait to go back with Eric. Thursday we met my friend Meredith and baby Dina in the cute little town of Son en Breuge for lunch. We had an awesome lunch and time. Wish it had been longer, but we wore out our respective little ones.

Eileen is definitely pushing all the 2 year old buttons full force. We will see if I end up having a break down, but so far so good. Solutions for the tantrums include, putting her in her bed. Walking away. Giving hugs. Tickling. Blowing bubbles. Diming out the cat. I am open to other suggestions, as I am usually through that whole range before lunch!

No comments: