Sunday, June 28, 2009

A sick week

Eileen had her first major illness here between Monday night and Tuesday. She had a fever of 104. But, it came right down with acetaminophen. The next day we talked to the doc and she told us that it was likely a lower GI viral infection and would clear within a week. I caught it the next day, but for each of us, it was thankfully less than 48 hours till we were well.

So, then we played with friends in the sun, at the lake at Hemelrijk and the great play area in Handel. And of course, went to Schinnen...getting the car legal for the second half of our time here.

There you have my mindset. We are on the outbound side of this time. I need to spend it more productively, more friends, more adventures, more play. Less time in the house with a frustrated toddler.

Also, for those of you planning to come visit (you know who you are)...remember we are on that downward side of the time here.

1 comment:

Elfinowl said...

I do so wish I could!