Friday, August 28, 2009

GPS Addiction

Well friends, today we needed to go to the nearest commissary to buy turkey bologna for a toddler who is addicted to the substance, and meat and canned goods and treats for the cat. Anyway, we decided to visit a Kasteel (castle) near the commissary. So, like a good trouper, I found a lovely one with a restaurant (usual Commissary run fare is Burger King) on the internet. No address on its site. So, I asked my GPS to find it. And, my GPS recognized the name. Off the three of us went -- yes, Eric was available and had an errand to run there. We followed the GPS. And again -- like our hunt for the famed winery of greater Arnhem -- we were left in the middle of a residential street. Based on street signs, we got near to the location, but clearly not near enough for us to see any sign of it.

Ah well, we'll find it another day!

2 comments:

Elfinowl said...

My GPS (thank you) gets me nicely to and from work and the store and bowling. It's especially charming in Korean. And I expect it to find my dance rehearsal in Meridian on Monday in British English: possibly Serena, possibly that lovely young baritone who burps whenever he says "Turn right on Garrity Blvd brrrrrrup."

ColorSlut said...

I love GPS' - seems like they always know what is best for me (except for the one time I spent an hour driving around looking for a street that was no longer there).