Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bad Mother? I think not

For those of you who have missed the series on Eileen and me and the swimming pool, let's just recap: Eileen takes lessons. These are usually the highlight of my week. We have 45 minutes of concerted play time just the two of us, where I am not trying to clean or plan a meal, or pet a cat. Just her and me in the water. We did photos there. Anyway, last Friday was graduation. We didn't make it. Eileen was sleeping. I was sleeping. The day was going to be a long one, since it was the evening of the Volkel AFB Officer's Christmas Ball. So, those of you looking for a diploma for Eileen, you'll just have to wait until we take the same class next semester and graduate from it then! -- YES, there was supposed to be a diploma for her.

Oh, and the ball was gorgeous. It was inside what looked like a 16th or 17th century (no longer used) cathedral. Flying buttresses, wall paintings, an organ...and it is now a site for formal events. Candles burning overhead. A wonderful dinner. Dancing. Yes, I danced with someone not my husband (and of course with my husband, too). And Eileen was staying nearby (within an easy walk), at a hotel, with some of the world's best and most accommodating baby sitters.

No comments: