Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tis the Season

This will be mostly a military wife post. Last Saturday night was the squadron Christmas party. This was a catered affair with buffet and drinks that were covered with the ticket price. We had a lovely time. But had to go home to a sniffly baby who was with a sitter for her first time!!! (Yes, it took 10 months to see my husband without a baby nearby -- for those of you counting...where were the wonderful Altman girls when I needed them).

Tomorrow night is a cookie exchange and then we will be having the kids Christmas party on Sunday.

The following Friday is the Dutch Christmas party.

Which is great. I am happy to participate and to help where I can. I am having a wonderful time.

That said, I am reminded of my friends over the years who have all said that we should give gifts when we want to give gifts, not on a specific calendar day.So, after months of very little role as military wife, suddenly I am very busy. Again, not complaining (actually, enjoying...truly!) so much as thinking aloud that it would be fun to have an occasion beyond Christmas for getting together with my friends from the military side of life...perhaps Arbor Day or even the fourth of July!

1 comment:

Elfinowl said...

or host a merry unbirthday party