Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Six month wellness baby -- the saga continues

Yesterday we went to the primary care doctor again to try to get Eileen set up with wellness baby stuff. We still don't know how much she weighs or how tall she is (she did get her shots). Though she is now 7 months and no longer even close to 6 months. They couldn't do anything there -- no scale to weigh her, no growth charts to show how she was doing.

I was handed a phone number to an automated phone line (it answers in Dutch...duh...and there is no para Espanol button). Eventually, 9 phone calls later I decided to push a random button and see if a person answered who could help. She could and she did. She said that when we registered with our mayor there should have been a call from a nurse to set it up. Ah..there is the rub. We are not registered with the city of Volkel.

She said she would give my number and info to the nurse and would try to work the problem from her end.

To be clear, Eileen and I are registered aliens with rights to live in the Netherlands, but I did it through the NATO office in Brunsom as I was told to do. Ah, but I learn slowly!!!!

Eileen meanwhile, got to wear her clothes and not be prodded for yet another day :-)

No comments: