Monday, August 25, 2008

Teething = No Sleep in this House

This will be a short post. Eileen seems to be in full out Teething Mode. Baby Tylenol (at least in the doses allowed for her at her 4 month check up) is not allowing her to sleep. Last night I took her to 'sleep' with me. This resulted in her eating all night, and neither of us sleeping. Ah well, this too shall pass.

Eric is on shift work until Wednesday, so we are trying to let him get at least an hour of uninterrupted sleep.

Eileen has a new favorite game for the time being - taking my fingers, one in each hand, and leading me around the house.

I pulled out her roll toy yesterday. It is a wood version of the space shuttle. She had all the mechanics of it down, but needs about 2 inches to get to sit on the seat and use her legs to move her around. She even understood the handles and how to use them to steer. Very cute, but it went back to the hidden toy area upstairs until she is a little taller (like next week).

Otherwise, we definitely are noticing how far North we are. It is no longer light at 5am and in fact dawn is now clearly long after 7am (I think...it could just be really really cloudy). And, it is getting dark much earlier than the 9pm dusk that we experienced when we arrived.

Other news: since we arrived at least 3 babies have been born in the squadron. I am bringing meals for two of those families this week. Eileen and I are also hosting the new Mom and Babies group on Thursday. So, I am keeping busy!

No comments: